Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Healthy and Abundant Living...Thank You!!

Hello everyone!!

Today was a much better day than yesterday. I'm feeling better and not quite as weak. I have been drinking water and juice all day, but not much to eat. I did get in some tomatoes and lettuce, but that is the extent of my vegetable intake. No real energy for any exercise, although it was my intention to get to Zumba. Definitely plan on getting there tomorrow morning.

One thing I'm happy to report is that I did get some rest and due to the quiet atmosphere, I was also able to complete a few more tasks and writing assignments. I got out of the house, had a successful meeting with my Sorors and wrote out some plans for next week. It felt pretty good.

I just wanted to stop and have gratitude. I love looking out at my backyard. It's full of green and lively plant life. I look at it everyday and I think sometimes that we are programmed to always improve what we see. Today I looked at it and noticed all the "weeds" and greens growing and thought something different. It reminded me that just like my backyard, I am abundant and full of life. For that, I am grateful. It was a great reminder to stop a complaint mid sentence and just give thanks. Thank you Lord.

Good night all!!
P.S. I Love My Z-Phi-B!!

2 comments:

  1. Cute shirt!! Yes indeed, giving thanks for what is goes a long way! You;re right, we don't have to try to improve every little thing. There are things God created just the way he saw fit in the first place. So I stand in appreciation with you.

    ReplyDelete