Saturday, August 13, 2011

Day 13: Using My Voice and Living My Dream!!

Speaking of voices (from yesterday)...Let me tell you how freeing it is to write this blog and use my voice. A year ago I only thought about blogging, but felt like I wouldn't have anything to share, anything to write about. This 30 day challenge has opened me up to all kind of opportunities to talk and share.

This challenge has given me the strength and confidence to go on and do more things, just so I can share more things!! It's given me the courage to stand up to my past fears and just GO FOR IT!! I would suggest to anyone to do try this challenge as well. It is so exciting!!

Today was no different. A little background...in case you don't know, I'm a voice over actress. I have it on my facebook page, of course my business cards and even...my car!! If you don't know what it is, let me explain. The simple answer, it's the person(s) in commercial you hear, but don't see. My excitement today is because there is this AWESOME animation project I have been wanting to be part of...today was our table reading/casting/rehearsal. You should check out his work, he's a very talented animator/artist: http://www.blackwolf3dentertainment.com/FullBleed_Index.html 

I've known about this rehearsal for about a week, so I was okay at first. Then I started getting nervous about mid afternoon today. I had to tap on my anxiety to calm myself down. (Read about tapping here) LOL Then I remembered some advice my voice over mentor told me about making the characters my own and interpreting the script the way I saw that character. I re-read the script, channeled the characters and made them my own.


So fast forward to the table reading...I decided to conquer the jitters and volunteered to go first. I was prepared to read for ALL the female characters in the script. When I say I was prepared, I mean it. I had a different voice ready for each of the women for which I was going to audition. I only ended up voicing the main two, but I was excited to hear the writer, director, the BOSS say I nailed them!! I received a multiple character job!! YAY!! I felt very comfortable...like I was born to do this. Yeah, I was.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah you was born to do exactly what you are doing!As always, you are an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, and an inspiration to me, too! I just love reading your blog, and maybe, just maybe, I'll get busy and do one as well! Thank you, Latisha, for being the wonderful person you are!
    I'll be posting this as anon only because I don't know how to do the profiles yet! so, Latisha, this is Pat! It's OK, you can laugh at my clumsiness, I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much ladies!! I am inspired everyday, so just passing it on!! Pat, I can't wait to read it!!

    ReplyDelete