Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 10: A Change in Plans

After an awesomely productive day yesterday, my day's plan was supposed to be spent out in the country watching and brushing horses, but unfortunately, it didn't work out this time...oh well, c'est la vie!! Maybe we'll try again next week...

Anyway, I was still motivated (after a little encouraging self talk) to get up and get moving this morning. It felt so good to get back in the gym. Today, it was one hour of Cardio Mix, which includes a half hour of floor aerobics and another half hour of Zumba. I LOVE the Zumba part and usually get a gust of excited second wind when that part of the class starts!!

So, needless to say, I have had a great deal of water today. I enjoyed some of the sweetest strawberries I've ever had too. In fact, I was so motivated when I got home that I began preparation for tonight's dinner - my own veggie fried rice. I added spinach to the rice while cooking then refrigerated it to use for later (the recipe calls for cold rice). I cannot wait!! This might just be a great meatless Wednesday after all!! I try to go meatless every Wednesday, but I rarely make it. We'll see about today...

Also, I was glad to have been able to sit and chat with a new friend I met in my writing class. She's 70 years old (and does not look it at all) and has the best stories about life: what she's done and where she's been. I had my favorite green tea (goodness, I have been to the coffee shop alot lately) and she had a tea latte, although she's an avid coffee drinker. Our chat was so colorful; filled with laughter and even a couple of tears. We plan to get together on a regular basis. I will be helping her work with the computer and her household appliances and she's advising me on how to do some gardening in my backyard.

I wish I had gotten a pic with us both...next time for sure. I did however document my post workout water break!! LOL Enjoy your day!!

Committment Today: Clean up my dining room and clear off the table. It's my clutter magnet!! I INTEND to complete that task TODAY!! Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. LOL My Dining Table too! Wow you do so many great and interesting things. Horsies? I like the horsies :-) Well you are looking good Latisha! Keep up the great and positive energy! You're shining!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, pic next time! still don't know how to do this fully, so, anon it is! I'm scared of horses, but not roosters!
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for reading Pat!! Definitely a pic next time!!

    ReplyDelete