Sunday, August 28, 2011

Deliberately on a Mission: Day 27

Even though I felt like a hermit most of the day, I met someone who reassured me of some things I was unclear on. There are still nice guys out there. Great conversation; nothing shallow, yet it was still light. The initial courtesies, as usual, but we were both surprised of the reaction, or non-reaction of the other. I think this will be the start of a cool friendship.

After taking care of some business and personal stuff, I spent most of the evening and night in quiet reflection. It was just time. Time for a break from the outside world and its influences. Very deep thought. I couldn't move, speak or even write anything. Just listened.

The word I kept getting was DELIBERATE. I was reminded of a sermon I'd once heard about being deliberate. So many times we want things and think we should just sit back and wait for them to come to us. I have to admit, FAVOR does work in my favor a great deal, however sitting around is not really the choice we should make if we're actively seeking something. I'm not saying movement should replace listening; in my opinion, it should, in fact accompany it.

Set goals, write down the action steps and DELIBERATELY move. If you want to do something, start doing it. Practice, practice, practice. Every chance you get, do it. I believe the reason I heard this word is because this is a challenge to me. Have I been doing all I can to get to where I want to be? I cannot say that I have. I'm an idea person, but implementing the ideas has always been a challenge for me. (This is also why FOCUS has usually been a challenge for me too.)

I think it's time to change that. I want to make a major move in 2012 and its time to set the plan into motion, not just say it. In the next couple of months, I will be making some really important decisions and I declare they will be EASY to make (my affirmation for myself). I am deliberately going forth to be who I'm called to be. Please do join me!!

Update: Good on: water, walking Not so good on: veggies (not much)

No comments:

Post a Comment