Friday, August 5, 2011

Day 5: The Bigger Picture: Preparation

The message I received today: You have to look at the big picture and start preparing.
Someone told me recently that I’ve outgrown this place…I’ve thought about it, but them speaking it to me, confirmed it for me.

Too many times I’ve noticed that I care…oftentimes too much. I look at people and groups and in general I see mediocrity. I’m not happy with ever just being the status quo. My true friend spoke this time me, and even though we don’t always hear what we want, I’ve realized that she’s right on. Those that live that way are content with living that way and we cannot count on them to do anything different. Sadly, this is truer than I ever imagined.

I know that I’ve personally tried to raise morale with progressive thoughts, but those who are not forward thinking are not going to grasp those concepts. It could be they don’t care or they don’t know. My personal thought…they don’t care to know. That’s okay…it’s fine. THAT’S OKAY!!

My job is not to change anyone’s thoughts or perceptions, but I will challenge them. My focus is to be all that I AM and move forward and upward in my life. The choices we make are for a purpose and it is up to us individually to determine and decide what that purpose is.

My challenge to both me and you: Look at the bigger picture. How does your life and what you’re doing right now fit in with your greater purpose? See the big picture and start preparing. Prepare your mind, your body, your heart for the next thing, for the best is yet to come. Let your focus be on what’s ahead of you and not what was, wasn’t or could have been.

Always let your light shine bright and do what’s right for you, no matter what others are doing. Don’t waste any more time worrying or getting upset because others don’t “get it”. I know we’d all like to take everyone along with us on our journeys, but the fact of the matter is, we’re just going to have to leave some folks behind. Know when you’ve outgrown something and PREPARE to move on. The time will come for us to pick up and go.

If you’re operating in a box, that’s too small for you, then bust out!! Get yourself in order and clear out some space!! I'm dusting and cleaning out my corners and challenge you to do the same!! Get ready, get prepared!! The world is waiting on you!!

3 comments:

  1. LET THE CHURCH SAY AMEN!!Latisha, I am SO feeling where you are! OMG, it is time to move on!!! Thanks for that word:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! I to needed to hear that great entry sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are both so welcome!! Thank you for reading!! Seeing you ladies post on FB is always motivation and inspiration to me!!

    ReplyDelete