Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Day 5: Got In Both "Me" and "We" Time

Well, I had the very best intentions, but I was pooped out. After all the work yesterday, I was too tired to actually cook that dinner I described yesterday. I promised my daughter I would cook it today, as she was very excited about the pork steaks. She must have been too tired after getting off work too because she went straight to bed (even though, I know she ate at work). So, I ended up eating the leftover brown rice/spinach…I did not realize I made so much; it lasted three meals.

So today is another day and it started off early. Got up to update my budget sheet and write my plans and “to do” list for today. I am loving the effects of moving my body. It is giving me great energy and I can’t wait to get to my workout. Today it’s a class called Crazy for Cardio. It used to be Cardio Mix divided into two parts: Floor aerobics and Zumba. Now it’s three parts: 25 minutes of Step aerobics, 15 minutes of floor aerobics and 20 minutes of Zumba. It’s awesome and there’s NEVER a dull moment.

I was running around so much today and my Mom called and told me my Dad was barbequing and for us to come over to eat. So...I got out of cooking again today!! LOL I had chicken and hamburger, potato salad, baked beans and green beans. Good thing I had my flaxseed and green tea earlier...

I totally cheated on this picture because I forgot to take one. Grabbed this one from the internet. It LOOKS like my Dad's chicken!!

Anyway, it was a good time over my parents house. We talked and laughed for a few hours. It's nice to just spend time with the ones that took so much time to help mold me into the person I am today. We caught up on our lives and "the stories". Did anyone else see today's episode of The Young and The Restless!! O-M-G!! I was crying!! LOL My Dad is not into that so he went to take a nap, but me and Mom were in there chatting away and shhing my daughter who wanted to talk during the good parts (which by the way today was the ENTIRE hour)!!

So, I'm just winding down now and able to get online to post. It was a good weather, good hearted day. The food choices could have been better, but oh well. At least I didn't overeat and I got in an awesome workout this morning. Now off to do some more writing and planning. Big weekend coming up!! Good night!!

Today's affirmation is about family:
"My parents accept and Love me for who I AM and all that I AM."

...and for that I am grateful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment