Saturday, October 1, 2011

Day 1: Gratefully Starting off Well!!

First off, let me just send out a big THANK YOU for all those who read and responded to my blog yesterday!! Seeing your responses and getting your inbox messages truly touched me and I really appreciate your words!! They are motivation for me to keep moving forward!!

I got up this early Saturday morning feeling grateful for life and family, my home and vehicle and the changing season. I am also thankful to be on this journey because I know only good things can come from it!! So, I am proud of myself today and let me share why…

Breakfast: 2 slices of 12-grain toast with strawberry preserves with sprinkles of flaxseeds on top. I also had organic chai black tea with honey.

Then I began writing a few scattered thoughts. I will have to go back to them…

Called the gym, but wasn’t interested in the classes for today, so I pulled out and dusted off (not really…LOL) my TurboJam DVD!! I put it on and started my workout. It was only a 20-minute workout, so I did one 10-minute part twice. I was pumped and renewed. I completely forgot how much I LOVE TURBO!!

At the gym, I used to use floor aerobics and Zumba to get my body back in the groove of moving, then I would build up to Turbo. That was simply an excuse not to push myself…I won’t use it anymore because today I was able to keep up and keep moving the whole time. I have no more excuses because the low impact option is always available.

Snack: Cut up apple with peanut butter and of course…sprinkled flaxseeds

Today is leftover day. Yesterday…I made the best spaghetti I have ever made!! It was so good!! I was sure to season the ground turkey and sauce well. I used seasoned salt (no MSG), basil, oregano, minced garlic, jalapeno peppers and juice, spinach, flaxseeds (at the end) and just a little bit of sugar. I never used sugar before, so this gave it a little extra taste. It was the perfect blend of sweet and spicy sauce. Here’s a photo:

So we’re there’s enough for today and maybe even lunch tomorrow. Yummy!!

Here's our affirmation for today:

"God gave me a healthy body and in gratitude, I take care Good of myself."

No comments:

Post a Comment